Hemp Wick Care
· "When lighting for the first time, always allow to burn for two hours. This will allow oil to pool evenly for the duration of its burn time." (Take note too, that ideally, candles should not be burned for more than four hours at a time).
· "Never blow out your candle! Just use your Ball Jar lid to snuff out the flame."
· "Always give the wick a little trim 1/4 inch before relighting. This ensures less soot is formed when the candle is burning and that the oils are kept beautiful."
Wood Wick Care
· The first time you burn your wooden wick candle allow it to burn for 2 hours or at least until the whole surface is liquid with Oil. We find if you do this each time you burn your candle, you will get the best out of it. Our blend of Cotton Seed and Soy Oils have a memory which is why this stage is important, avoiding unsightly “tunneling”.
· Always trim the wick before lighting to approximately 1/4 inch. This keeps the flame at a safe height and allows optimum performance. You can either 'snap' the burnt wood or even better, get a pair of nail clippers!
· Don’t pull the wick apart - It has a layered look to it and is meant to be that way for better burning.
· Should you notice any slight soot marks from the wooden wick on the inside of the jar, simply wipe round with a damp cloth to make your candle look like new.
· We use ALL NATURAL ingredients and therefore you may see some discoloration in the oil towards the end, however this does not in anyway effect the performance of your candle.
If your flame appears to be weak, blow it out, pinch the 2 layers together and light again, this works almost every time.
When your candle is done, do not throw away your Ball Jar. Rinse it out with Dawn dish washing liquid and recycle!
We make Icelandic Skyr Parfaits and store them in our once candle jars…send us your ideas to share with others!